Monday 24 December 2007

Jeena Isi ka Naam Hai...

I was dozing away to glory when my alarm clock beeped to announce the beginning of another day. I woke up and peeped out of the window. It was a dark and drafty Sunday morning. It seemed as if the Sun was enraged and had decided not to smile and welcome me with his brightness. (This is how usually mornings are during winters in UK). Suddenly I remembered that I had asked Aai to come online for a chat. (An activity that we both religiously follow every weekend). I hastily turned on my lappy waiting eagerly for Aai.

Talking to my family has always been something that I look forward to..it has always helped me understand other person's views and think from another perspective. It has brought in a lot of learning and helped me become a better person. (that I am today :)) This time too while chatting with Aai, we touched on a lot of interesting issues. But this one has left me with no answers. All I could say is that there is no right or wrong decision in Life. Life in itself is a journey where situations or rather circumstances force you to act in a way, you commit mistakes, learn from it and proceed in search of happiness.

This is a story of a girl in her teens called Miss Anonymous. A girl who earned her daily bread and butter by working as a domestic servant. Despite doing a dawn-to-dusk work of washing, cooking and cleaning she had a bright smile on her face.
Days passed and one fine day Mrs Pseudonymous (mother of Miss Anonymous) found that her daughter had become a victim of the so-called 'vicious circle of life'. Shame and brokenness had replaced her daughter's girlish bashfulness. Barely able to restrain her tears, Miss Anonymous declared that she was pregnant.
A pauper, who was in search for love, a friend, a soul-mate all the time, believed that there was someone made for her who would bring a smile on her face and give her all the happiness in the world. But fate was never on her side. Her love, whom she believed in more than herself, had ditched her. She was left alone to bear the consequences. She had no support of her loved ones too.

I don't know what Miss Anonymous did in life later. Umpteen thoughts disturbed me that night.
I just wanted to know Why did Miss Anonymous do such a thing in life? Was she really to be blamed for her act? Was her love playing with her emotions? Was it her ignorance that made her do so? Was it that she was unaware of her actions? Was it because she was not educated on this? Is it wrong to believe in Love? Did the situation then forced her to get into this? What would she do in future? Will she abort the child or will the society accept her as an unwed mother? Will she be ostracized by the society that she lives in? Will she take charge of her actions and move ahead in life?

A lot of such and many more questions remained unanswered. I did not get to hear anything about her later.

I pray that all goes well with her. A Pollyannaish that I am, I would just like to believe that:



Humari Filmon ki tarah, humari zindagi mein bhi END tak sab kuch theek hi ho jata hai...Happys Ending!!
Aur agar theek na ho toh woh "The End" nahi
Picture abhi baki hai mere dost...Picture abhi baki hai!!
Disclaimer:
The characters in this story are completely fictional. Any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental.
- Sanmita

No comments: